ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aerial

What would be the best way to make that big black aerial sticking out the roof of our clios look better without causing a chav sensation. I currently have an aluminium bee-sting aerial which is nice and short but is silver and just screams out chav. I was thinking of spraying it with primer and then spraying it black. Would this look good do you think or would the black plastic base look stupid? Another option would be to buy (or borrow...) a honda aerial. Theyre quite short.

Ta, Andy

chav sensation LMAO. Sounds like a slogan for Burberry or Von Dutch advertisers.

I think it sounds like it would work if you sprayed it as long as you did it properly and not a rush job.

Cheers

Trophy #473

speaking of chavs and aerials, i replaced mine with a standard on the other week cos i rusted inside and stoped working, woke up the next morning and someone had unscrewed it from the base plate and nicked it.

why nick a standard aerial? they must have missed my massive sterio and a grands worth of rims.

but good job they didint.

got a honda one now, they look good.

Lee

BMW M2C

The Clio one is so funny to watch when following one at speed. It spins around like mad!!

The Honda ones seem popular as has already been mentioned.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i had a honda one but it got nicked, new one coming on monday.

i have a honda one and it looks ace....supplied by a forum member to me brand new and still in honda packaging.....and also available in supermarket car parks and honda car dealer forecourts nationwide :)

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 03 October 2004
I still cant get the aerial of my 172

I had the same problem last week.

2 pairs of Mole Grips do the trick ;)