ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Afew questions about my RSi

Clio RSi
Hey just doing some work on the rear brakes on my 94 rsi, basicaly the handbrake cable went and then all the brakes went. Took it to a garage who said both rear calipers had sezied and i'm looking at £400+ to fix it, so I bought some 2nd hand calipers to fit.

To cut a long story short there not seized so working backwards, basically need some info on what this is..

dscn0376.jpg

Its connected to the rear beam and all the brake pipes go into it? Should i be worried the spring is very very rusted??

other questions are does anyone know if this rear dampner is standard?

dscn0377.jpg

dscn0378.jpg

and if this front suspension is spax:
dscn0382.jpg

and why my wishbones are blue?? standard and just painted or something different?
dscn0381.jpg

sorry for bad pictures hope someone can help!

Clio RSi
Danlp6 said:
the brake bias valve is what your looking at, and its a common failure.

everything else you ask about being standard or not, is standard.

thought the rear dampener was standard but the cars deffo been lowered had an RSi before and it isnt that low, was just wondering what the front is.

thanks for that will do a search for the brake bias valve, Thanks!

Clio RSi
yeah i might need to kno this - or might be finding this out tomorro!!

are those self bleed brake kits any good? might have to buy one of those tomorro