ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After 3 years and 200 miles, My Clio is back at home with me....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My first ever 172. I sold it nearly three years ago to a member off here but tonight after a few emails back and forth, I bought it back. After owning about 9 172's in the middle, this is by far the best Renaultsport I have ever owned!!! I can't get pics now obviously as its nearly 1am and dark.... And i'm knackered!!

This is how it looked when I sold it

DSC00468.jpg

And I will follow this post up with a progress report on what i'm doing to it to get it back in ship shape fashion! :D I'm off to bed now as i'm fcuked! lol.

200 Gordini
Aww this is a cute story lol Good to hear! Who had it?

If ship shape fasion is putting it back on standard wheels then drop me a PM about the turinis :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There will be no sale of turinis!

I sold it to MrMahoosive on here. He's kept it mint to be fair! Plus fitted coilovers/buckets etc. I kept it right uptogether before I sold it. Cambelt/auxbelt, smoothed bonnet, yadda yadda yadda, I've now Just a few niggly electrical bits to sort hopefully.

I'm so happy. I properly loved that car!!!

Titanium 182
Congratz mate :D welcome back to club Ph1 !

I would love to buy my 182 back one day haha..

Lol, Mr Cole you are a nightmare, my mum once bought the same car twice, sadly it was a 2CV and she paid more for it the second time round!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I bet you feel great buying it back... I bet your mrs doesn't.

Get that fooking sticker off the sideskirt asap!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bet you feel great buying it back... I bet your mrs doesn't.

Get that fooking sticker off the sideskirt asap!

I don't really know what I was thinking with that sticker, thankfully James took it off.

My wife has gonemental. I now have 9 cars.... Thats not including my workvan or my Family Audi...

FFS. I'm such a prick.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Got to be a great feeling buying an old car you loved and getting it back. Does it feel just as good as you remember?

9 172s inbetween?! Have you owned the most Renault Sports on here? And now 9 cars lol how do you choose what to drive?

Titanium 182
I think he meant he had to drive 300 miles to get it.

Fpmsl at having 9 cars not tied up in the business ! :lolup:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I only really drive my work van. I work 7 days a week so I have no real use for any of my cars. I love cars though so I can't help it.

how does your wife put up with you? and she's pretty from what I remember, you must be hung! lol

Titanium 182
Dan I'll swap you my 172 for that clio v6 rep you have for sale then you can have twin ph1's.

;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A little update, its now running sweet as a nut. :D Just had it serviced and completely checked over. Just need to wait for a new fuel pipe from Renault (its on back order.....) and then i'm good to go!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Danileson, your a crazy man :cool: Does it still look the same as that pic ?

Cosmetically yeah. Although now its stripped with coilovers, buckets harnesses etc. Unsure of under the bonnet as I didn't even lift it up! Just whacked it on the trailer and dropped it off at the workshop.

Picking it up tomorrow so I'll get some pics up then. :D