ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After 3 years and 200 miles, My Clio is back at home with me....

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
that is really good, its been nowhere really in 3 years, should look pretty cool on coils as well, good buy

I know the feeling of wanting your old car back

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd love to know where my PH2 172 is now, I'd be very tempted to buy it back if it was still in good nick, it was faarking MINT when it left me.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully it won't be disappointing for you, like an ex who's let herself go a bit.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What exactly are you 9 cars Dan? Theres the hybrid, american pickup?

Mk1 Hybrid,
Mk1 Clio ratvan,
ph1 172,
BMW 320,
1989 Audi 100,
1988 205 Gti,
Xsara VTS,
Fiesta 1.3 old thing,
Audi A3.

I've completely ran out of money now though so this week i'm concentrating on selling some. Hopefully. :eek:

Nikon D700
I almost cried when it went. Hope the journey back was OK. The mission getting it on the trailer nearly killed us. Sure it's worth it though....!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It came off a bit easier but not a lot! lol.

Just picked it up from the garage, it drives bloody mint! Suspension is very good. Although I'm a bit short compared to your lanky self so i'm a bit stretched!!

I'll give it a wash off and get some pics up in a bit.

Nikon D700
Blimey - it sat on my drive for months not starting. Glad you got it started though.

What was wrong with it?

Yeah, my mate had the same problem when MOTing it. He just wore a thick jacket!

Hope the brakes are wearing down the disks!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Blimey - it sat on my drive for months not starting. Glad you got it started though.

What was wrong with it?

Yeah, my mate had the same problem when MOTing it. He just wore a thick jacket!

Hope the brakes are wearing down the disks!!!

Brakes are getting there, slowly but surely. Going to strip them all down this weekend.

I've had the fuel pipe above the aux belt temporarily repaired, but its a pressure hose so needs to be replaced asap. Its on order from Renault at the minute.

Then it still wouldn't start, and we noticed the red cut off button had been pressed so reset that and Roberts your mothers brother.

I drove it about for a bit today and I'm so in love!! Going to do a load of work to it on saturday with Sam, the guy you met, he can fix anything! lol.

I can't believe how well you've kept it! Its so tidy!!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think you need a separate thread with pics of all your whips ROFFLE. Nice to see you got your old car back!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
they say you should never get back with an ex. Not sure if that includes cars too....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pics at last! :D

I'll take some proper ones once i've finished it saturday and cleaned it properly.

SS854456.jpg

SS854455.jpg

SS854458.jpg

SS854457.jpg

Nikon D700
I don't believe that was it! I pressed that frigging red button a million times. It must have been all that bumping around on the trailer!!!

Can't remember if i screwed the injectors back in, make sure you check them.

Glad you're loving it matey. I sure did (do)....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
any plans for it now?

Lots! :)

remove the whole front end and refit as its all just placed loosely atm.

strip down/clean/refit all the brakes

Put a phase 2 172 interior in it (Don't worry, i'm leaving the buckets/harnesses in!)

Get the wheels balanced as my teeth can't handle it!

Then give a full on valet

Then enjoy it hopefully. I may lower it a little more, depends on how it handles on track.

Golf GT TDI
Lots! :)

remove the whole front end and refit as its all just placed loosely atm.

strip down/clean/refit all the brakes

Put a phase 2 172 interior in it (Don't worry, i'm leaving the buckets/harnesses in!)

Get the wheels balanced as my teeth can't handle it!

Then give a full on valet

Then enjoy it hopefully. I may lower it a little more, depends on how it handles on track.

nice:cool:

just a genral tidy up then.

I will own a phase 1 one day, best of the bunch imo

edit: is P45WUG your rat van left to rust under the trees lol

I don't really know what I was thinking with that sticker, thankfully James took it off.

My wife has gonemental. I now have 9 cars.... Thats not including my workvan or my Family Audi...

FFS. I'm such a prick.

Lol. You're basically the opposite of Schweppy.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Isn't the ph2 dash conversion a bit of a c**t to do? Nice seeing a clio on coilovers that isn't setup to be a sex-pest to speed bumps.