ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a bit of info on accord seats

Hi guys
I'm thinking of maybe getting a set of seats for my 182 , now I've seen a set a accord type R seats, and I've seen a photo in a Clio they look very good, my questions is how are you for getting into the back of the car ? obviously an accord is a 5 door , so im assuming it doesn't retract ? and second off people are saying you need subframes, i'm a mechanic so can you not remove the seat frame off the clio seats and bolt it to the honda seat or does it need to be a completely bespoke new custom frame?
Any pics of these aswell ? because i saw one a while back just like to refresh my memory !
Thanks Dean

182 FF
I guy I know used to have one and I don't think the accord front seats fold. If you can find them take a look at the integra dc2 / civic ek9 seats as they do fold down, not sure about the subframes though dude

They don't fold as it's a 5 door so you can only slide them forward on the clio subframes which is a bit useless

As said the integra ones are better
Recaro do a set of subframes that bolt to the clio standard sliders - I used it with my old recaro speeds. Works lovely

182 Trophy
I have them in mine. Just need to slide the chair as far forward as possible then manually fold the chair down. Its not ideal but it dost really bother me. I picked the frames up from Capital seating i think :S cost as much as the seats!!

182 Trophy
They don't fold as it's a 5 door so you can only slide them forward on the clio subframes which is a bit useless

As said the integra ones are better
Recaro do a set of subframes that bolt to the clio standard sliders - I used it with my old recaro speeds. Works lovely

They do fold, they just don't have the 'quick release' that folds them like all other seats that come with a three door car. You have to use the wheel on the side of the seat that you use to adjust the angle the seat to tilt it into a folded position. Not great but it works :)

182 Turbo
Where can you buy the seats and subframes that will fit into the clio?

also anyone else know any other car seats that can go into the clio easily enough?
i was interested in putting clio Williams seats into the 172 because they are super comfy but I think it's epic amounts of work

They do fold, they just don't have the 'quick release' that folds them like all other seats that come with a three door car. You have to use the wheel on the side of the seat that you use to adjust the angle the seat to tilt it into a folded position. Not great but it works :)

That's not technically folding lol
Also it's an MOT failure. On a 3 door car with rear seats the front seats must tilt forward to allow access in case of an emergency

182 Trophy
That's not technically folding lol
Also it's an MOT failure. On a 3 door car with rear seats the front seats must tilt forward to allow access in case of an emergency

Yeah technically not but it does fold as flat as a seat that has the quick release. Mine passed the MOT at a main Renault dealer, I checked before hand and there apparently is nothing in the rules to fail it, I was told the most they could give is advisory, as long as the seat is adjustable for the driver it's fine.

It's definitely a failure - and for very logical reasons. If you crash and the car bursts into flames, the poor b******s in the back have to sit and calmly wind the seat forward lol

I had to remove my rear seats to get an MOT in my old car for that exact reason.

It's not what you know... lol

My old 106 - the guy tried to tilt the seats forward so he could get in the back and check the rear seatbelts - failed it straight away when he couldn't.
I had to go home and remove the rear seats to get it through

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Danlp6 on here modified standard clio subframes to mount recaro's too for Emma in her cup (evo seats but same thing)