ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After new car speakers but need an additional bit of help!

Renault Clio Grande
Hello,

I have a renault clio mk2 grande, and i am after replacing the speakers.

I have found some 13'' speakers online is this correct? however i'm not sure if the magnetic bit or the whole speaker in general will fit inside the door..

Help please.

Renault Clio Grande
Okay, the speakers are 13cm i'm sure (sorry made a mistake) ill remeasure in a mo.

I've got the following;

500watt amp (2 channel)
1000watt sub (plugged into amp)
4 factory fitted speakers leading to head unit.

My plan:

Replace front two with these new speakers i've seen: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10514.html
Disconnect the rear two, and put 2 6x9's that i had from my old car and put them on the parcel shelf wired to head unit.

What do you think?
I don't really want to get a new amp as money is tight.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
6x9s are very "1998". There is no point at all if you have a sub as they're all trying to work the same volume of air (in your boot).

So - Have you replaced the head unit...?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok.

Well I would personally put the sub in the boot, put the 6x9s on ebay/the bin and adjust the settings so the door speakers do everything over 200Hz and let the sub take the rest.

Renault Clio Grande
I need to get new speakers for the doors but do i replace both lots front and back? as i heard that putting them on the parcel shelf circulates the sound..

The sub is already in the boot.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why do you need new speakers !? Are they blown ? If so, replace them with anything. The standard ones are more than adequate. You'll never get anything decent below 200Hz out of them (hence the sub), and the tweeters are in front of you pointing at ear level, which is where treble should come from !

FLOL.. it's sound waves, not central heating. Do you face the back wall of your lounge when listening to the TV ? If not, try it and see if it sounds any better ;)

Renault Clio Grande
I'm not that good with cars in general lol. They are blown and crackle. Do you like the look of those speakers? Any good?

1.2 16V
If your sub is small enough to fit below the drivers seat, you can fit 6x9s in your shelf. Then configure your xplod headunit to tell it that the sub is below your seat, and to reduce bass from rear speakers. I don't have a sub, so my 6x9s are rear-bass enhanced, which makes them act as a sub. (also, your headunit should have an xplod equalizer setting, USE IT). :)

Also, the standard renault speakers begin to loose their quality once you exceed 22 in volume on a sony xplod headunit.

If you decide to get the 6x9s. I went for http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-in-phase-xtc6930_p-26009.htm. There are also some more expensive in-phase ones, but these ones are amazing for the price!

Components for the front: http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-in-phase-xt5cii_p-23354.htm

Last edited:
Stick with what evil giraffe has said, 6x9s are NOT good speakers, (and they definately dont replicate a sub. And inphase...:banghead:

1.2 16V
Mate, have you put a pair of inphase 6x9s with a sony headunit, set to rear bass enhance (RB+ on the headunit settings)? 6x9s normally would never replicate a sub, it is the headunit that increases the bass in the rear.

1.2 16V
At the end of the day, I suggested something to this guy who wanted help with speakers, using my knowledge of the setup I have, and the setting on the particular sony headunit.
You can say what you like about how wrong I am, and how hilarious you think my suggestion is, but I am entitled to an opinion, and I know that what I suggested works. :)