ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

after servicing..

clio 03 1.6 16v
hi gus, took the clio into arnold toda for a service (oil change) didnt pay for it though, and when it came back there was a list of things wrong with the bugger!

1st thing- the told me the rear near side drum was seized. now i never knew this previously but now theres a noise comming from it like a light rattle.. and wen rolling slow n put the handbrake on theres a squeel and light grind..
they said the dont know how much the repair will be because the reckon they will damage the drum or sumthing trying to get it off..
whats your views on this?

the next thing is my abs thing being gay, funnily enough the didnt point this out but the problem is there... i bealive i need a new O-ring on the rear..

are any of these repairs able to be done myself or cheaply in glasgow guys??

they also said i need my coolent changed £55 and my brake fluid changed £52, and my sumthing belt changed.. not the tb the other one i think its the waterpump one £105..

i mean.. jesus!

any idea's guys?
thank you.

1st thing- the told me the rear near side drum was seized. now i never knew this previously but now theres a noise comming from it like a light rattle.. and wen rolling slow n put the handbrake on theres a squeel and light grind..
they said the dont know how much the repair will be because the reckon they will damage the drum or sumthing trying to get it off..
whats your views on this?

the next thing is my abs thing being gay, funnily enough the didnt point this out but the problem is there... i bealive i need a new O-ring on the rear..
Won't be 105 for the waterpump as thats driven of the cambelt.

Getting the drum off can be a pain depends what tools you have then clean them up and maybe new shoes isn't a big issue.