ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After some feedback on Clio RS tuning packages

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Hello,

I work for a tuning company based in Northampton by the name of JAM-sport, some of you may know us from the Ford RS Turbo scene, however we used to do alot of 106 gti's and vts's. we have since moved away from the french scene. However we are looking at offering some tuning packages for the clio 172/182 and possibly the 197.

We have done alot of work making supercharger kits for various cars including the vauxhall omega 2.6 v6 engine and the Fiesta ST-150, we have sold a fair few of the fiesta kits todate, gains of 60bhp being minimal, we have one st with 340bhp soon to be 400bhp.

sckit.jpg

above is the kit we offer for the fiesta, prices starting from 2999.95inc vat, would people be interested in a similar kit for the clio, we have a 172 cup which we can use for development work, has anyone done a supercharged clio, what power was achieved?

also so as not to cause upset, how do we go about setting up a traders acount on here?

kind regards

mark

Evo 6, E92 320d
I think that could be a popular kit, there was a supercharged clio on here being made but it cost alot in development.

Turbos.
I think a German company has a kit... not sure if there are any in the UK though.

Just remember Clio owners are cheap skates. Quailty, engineering etc. comes second to cost ;)

E39 M5 & Corsa track
i noticed that novidem did a kit, however the way their kit worked looked like it could be a costly job, we would more than likely look at getting rid of the air con pump and rad.

would be nice to try and develop a kit that kept the aircon but sometimes its not possible.

Up rocks
would people be interested in supercharger kits if it ment that you had to loose the aircon?

Can't see that being a problem, most Cups don't have it anyway. I think most people would prefer a supercharger over aircon anyway.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
clio kid, we are setting up a finance package at the moment, we have had alot of people with the fiesta st stuff asking for this, so yes finance is an option.

a thirsty one
if its possible to keep the a/c without to much extra work i would try and develop it with keeping a/c on the car.

172 cup
I am definitely interested. I was thinking throttle bodys next but the supercharger sounds even better!

As I got a cup the aircon doesnt matter to me

E39 M5 & Corsa track
if its possible to keep the a/c without to much extra work i would try and develop it with keeping a/c on the car.

there is no room to keep the air con pump unfortunatly, without spending too much money making a driveshaft for the charger and repositioning it elsewhere.

thanks for the feed back so far. we will keep you up to date with the progress.

172 CUP, Old skool Mini
DOUBLE YES! ive been looking for a supercharger for my 172 for ages!! How much? Would you fit it? Finance? Where are you based?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Whatever you do don't make the kit dependant on losing aircon.

There are countless threads on here about how essential it is just to survive these days, and how having 18C permamnently displayed on your climate control is par for the course, regardless of ambient conditions.

They are all wrong of course.

Good luck!