ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket alarm help

Hi,

When an aftermarket alarm is fitted to a ph2 clio with a standard alarm/immobiliser will the new alarm key fob disable the standard immobiliser or will i have to use my original key button also.

im lookin at gettin a toad out of my sisters car but wanted to know this first.

cheers

Willy2

I have a toad cat 1 alarm and immobiliser and they have been wired seperate from the standard alarm so I have two alarms on the car.

you will still have to use your key to immobilise the immobiliser ive got a toad cat 1 alarm and the fob key just turns the alarm on and off but i have to use the key for the standard immobiliser good alarms by the way ;)

Clifford! i had one fitted to my 19 16v and now one on my scoob and they are just the best alarms that you can get!

I may demonstrate at the N/W meet next weekend ;)

Tony

I agree with Tony.

Had to get a new alarm fitted to my willy after the Gemini (?) alarm that was on there went t*ts up! After much searching I finally went for a Cliford Concept 300 - £300 fitted! Not only does it squeal like a pig should anyone get too close but brings down the old insurance premium as well!

Mike