ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket ICE in a Cup :(

Nissan R35 GT-R

Hi Guys and Girls,

When I got my Cup back in September, I changed the sound system within about a week.

Sony MP70 head unit (4x52 rms)
Kenwood components up front (dashboard-off job)
Alpine 3-ways at the rear
Now my mate has just purchased a Clio and I was out in it last night, and guess what, his system sounds better than mine.

£500 down the line and I have a poorer sounding system than what came with the car!

Any comments or similar experiences?

i actually think the standard stereo is not too bad granted its not a bass machine but it doesnt crap its self at the smallest amount off bass either it goes loud if you want it too and it tunes in the radio and plays cds so erm its not all bad so a good set of speakers and it should be fine all imho :D

Amp up all 4 speakers and you will see a big improvement.

Standard systems are designed to get the most out of the components that they are using, while spending as little as possible.

Most of the time just upgrading the speakers isnt enough as they wil have higher power handling but wont be getting much extra put into them by a new headunit.

If you go for a 4 channel amp then you will hear a huge difference in quality and loudness.

Russ

Lionel Richie

Sony Head units sound parp IMO (im not having a go, i just think that all Sony have concentrated on is gizmos and flashing lights!!!), itll prob sound better with the std one unfortunatley

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

not true there is about 3 good sony hus one is about 4 years old

but apart from them thre are ALL sh*te

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I got the black mask motorised thingmy jiggy one.. (you know the one) thats about 4 years old now..

Seems like an excellent headunit when I had it in my pug 205 GTi..

Havent had the time/guts yet to put it into the clio

Audi S3 225

What music was you both listerning to, becuase this affects the quality especially if you have made the cd yourself it wont sound as good as a cd bought in the shops. The worse the quality the worse it sounds up loud.

Plus you relly should amp your speakers to get the most out of em.

An Alpine or Rockford headunit would be better but if you arent going to be going too much into your I.C.E system then I would recommend trying an amp first..if youre still not happy then change the headunit.

Russ