ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket steering wheel and cruise-something different!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Just a quick mention to show I've got the radio control stalk to operate cruise! ;) I wanted cruise with my sabelt wheel but didnt want any shitty buttons on display, and as the radio stalk was not in use I thought why not.

EFC5EB94-DCC2-4A4B-96D9-7E92C5F19F26-2797-000000B104DEB06A_zpse8df5e27.gif

So I made a small circuit board up with the required resistors, wired it all together and bingo it's working.

Chris
DetailMe

clio 1.5 DCI 80
nice one, just need someone to put up a guide on how to retrofit for clios without cruise controll......

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Haha ok ill try and sort a little paint shop diagram or something. It's easy but you need to understand basic electronics and continuity testing etc.

Cruise Worked like a dream tonight! ;)

Chris
DetailMe

S4 Avant
Haha ok ill try and sort a little paint shop diagram or something. It's easy but you need to understand basic electronics and continuity testing etc.

Cruise Worked like a dream tonight! ;)

Chris
DetailMe

If you're good at something, never do it for free ;)

Twingo Dynamique
so how does it work atm..?? can you control the speed up and down with the volume buttons, or possibly the flick wheel on the back...?? :L is it even possible? :L

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Of course it works lol! So I have volume up an down as speed up and down and button underneath for resume etc.
The reason for the small pcb is to keep the little resistors a bit safe and neater. Just looked at that link and he soldered the resistors in line to the stalk which is a bit Poney.

You can't really make a kit up as I did think about it. I'll try and do a guide soon!