ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket wheel but retain C/C - is it possible?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone managed to do this? I want a aftermarket wheel but really want to retain the cruise control somehow.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think someone used a ph1 headlight stalk with horn button on, wired the horn up to the +, the clutch is essentially the same as 0 so that is all you need.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Steve (Steviant) has this in his 182. Just retro-fitted simple buttons on the wheel with the appropriate wires hooked up.

Wasn't there a bit more to it than that?

I remember him saying something about a board because of the way the standard rocker switch worked...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?500121-Sabelt-Steering-wheel-Cruise-Control&p=6612842&viewfull=1#post6612842

[URL]http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?500121-Sabelt-Steering-wheel-Cruise-Control&p=6656537&viewfull=1#post6656537
[/URL]

Last edited:
  E46 M3
Im doing this at the mo. Using a sparco mount with 2 buttons on already, will add the other 2 myself (from tweaks) The problem is they aren't normal switches, they use a resistor to show a resistance to the ECU. You need 910, 275 and 100 ohm resistors, the other is a straight switch so no resistance.

I'll do a guide as I go through it, waiting for the mount to be delivered at the mo.

ETA: or you can use the OEM board but I wanted it cleaner.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm.. Doesnt seem too easy then! haha!

My wiring skills are - Twist, tape. Done.

Ian I'd be interested in your guide! . I ordered the sparco buttons from Tweeks. Sent them back though coz I just cba with it all lol.
Sounds more complicated than I thought though!