ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Afternoon all. Please help.

Will soon be 172!
Hi everyone. I have just joined and am looking for info on the Clio 172/172 Cup. :cool:
For the last few months I have been looking for a golf Gti t, but have not found any good ones. But at the weekend I tested a 172 ff and loved it. So now I am looking for 1 of those bad boys.
What 172 should i go for. The ff or Cup. Or is it worth getting a 182.
I have around £5000 to spend.:D
All feedback welcome.

Many thanks
Bazza

RB Clio 182
you will do well to do get a 182 in good nick for £5000 grand so i would suggest the 172 or the 172cup. You have to make the decision whether you want climate control, half leather seats etc that you get in the 172 or if you can live without these things go for the 172cup as it handles better and is faster.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
ive driven both and went for the cup! just feels more raw as a driving experience! can live without all the fancy gadgets so i can concentrate on driving. (they only break eventually)

Will soon be 172!
Cheers guys.
Been reading up, and am thinking about the ff 172. Just for the better motorway noise. I can travel for more than 2 hours at a time.

Thanks again.

Bazza.

A Flamin' Red one
Personally I'd go for the the FF 172. I find the hidden exhaust more visually appealing over a 182, the half leather more sexually appealing (!?) over a cup and yes, whilst the cup is a quicker car, how often are you going to be attempting to burn one away at the lights in your 172? The FF is quicker than most other cars on the road as it is!

clio cup 172
get yourself a cup 172. Had two cups, one 172, a williams and a 16v golf. Go for the cup, most fun you can have for under 5 bags of sand!