ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG bumper care

Leon Cupra 300
How do people apply this? do you put it on all the black plastic and rubber? im just curious about how to do the front grilles, getting right into the corners etc.

any advice be much appreciated!

106 GTi
Dont use it on the front grills myself, Just the mirror surrounds and rear bumper insert for me.

Apply with a small square of foam sponge, buff with a dry mircofiber

Leon Cupra 300
do you use it on the front splitter too?

what do you use on the front grills?

thanks rich

106 GTi
Splitter, and fog surrounds Ag Vinyl and Rubber

Grills upper and lower - Poorboys Natural look, applied with a microfiber cloth, square by square lol!

Leon Cupra 300
i think i might just use the bumper care on everything, it be rite wont it??? canny be bothered buyin loads more crap!

106 GTi
John if you dont buff it after application the excess will streak when it gets wet.

The upper 182 grille has some kind of matt paint rather than being unpainted plastic like the lower one. Bumper care is meant for unpainted plastic, put on the upper grille it looks odd. Poorboys Natural loook does not change the way it looks so I use that.

Leon Cupra 300
i did the upper grill with bumper care, jus dashed it on really spareingly with a paint brush then wiped off with kitchein roll, looks great!!!

cant be bothered to do the bottom one

106 GTi
Maybe you get it on nice and thinly anyway. I always give it a wipe over with a microfiber to remove any excess that may not be rubbed in well.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thick green stuff.

Rich probably not!! Although the cloth I use as been used so much for it I dont have to use much of it anymnore- its saturated!

106 GTi
Thick green Stuff is Bumper Care - Best on textured trim.

Thin Yellow is Vinyl and Rubber - Best on smoother trim.

Clio 197
I find the yellow stuff rinses off very easily. I only use it in the engine-bay now.

I've just tried masking my paint, and giving the rubber/plastic a good dollop of the green stuff with a brush. Hopefully it'll last longer.

106 GTi
More does not mean better with AG stuff both the Vinyl and Rubber and Bumper care work better ae thin coats rubbed in well and buffed well with a clean cloth. I used to stick loads of each on my 205 GTi trim and wonder why it just used to streak off.

Clio 197
^^

Notes to self:

1) Thin coat

2) Lint-free cloth (my car looks like it's growing hairs!).

Last edited: