ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

age old starting problem

williams 3
right i've not been on here for a while since i sold up the williams to get my first home, which is all settled now, but my girlfriend has a 2000 1.4 16v clio mk2 ph1 and it's having the super common problem of not starting but it's turning over, just not firing. now i've fitted a new crank sensor and that's not made a bit of difference, whats next? there seems to be endless threads but little things like trying a different key and checking the earth strap and battery haven't helped either. can anyone shed some light on this? cheers!

2002 clio 172
Turn the ignition on. Wait a minute. Then start. Mine does it all the time. Breakdown guy said it needs a new battery. Something to do with when u do short journeys n battery a bit low, it takes a while for signal to get from key to ecu. Something along those lines anyway!

right i've not been on here for a while since i sold up the williams to get my first home, which is all settled now, but my girlfriend has a 2000 1.4 16v clio mk2 ph1 and it's having the super common problem of not starting but it's turning over, just not firing. now i've fitted a new crank sensor and that's not made a bit of difference, whats next? there seems to be endless threads but little things like trying a different key and checking the earth strap and battery haven't helped either. can anyone shed some light on this? cheers!

Same here, it turns and turns and turns, doesn't fire. Usually always fires second time around or if i let the key spring back slightly and then turn it around again. It makes bit of an unhealthy noise but it usually fires.