ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gek

Clio 172 Cup
Got my Cup at age 26 and paid approx £500 for insurance. Now paying under £200!

Wow!
I'm 37 with 14 years no-claims, low insurance area and I pay £320.
Is that fully comp, protected no-claims etc etc?

MCS R56
Wow!
I'm 37 with 14 years no-claims, low insurance area and I pay £320.
Is that fully comp, protected no-claims etc etc?

Yeah, fully comp, max no-claims etc. No breakdown cover, however - not required. That was with Bell.

ST
18 and paid £2000...

try bell

Frontin%27.jpg

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I just got a new quote from sky insurance. Originally my renewal letter said 890 third party! which i what I paid last year. I have now 4 years no claims and am 25, so i phoned up and asked why it was so high or if they could do better. They said No this is the best quote we were given. So i went away and got quotes from confused.com and sent it to them via email. They have since matched 504.23 fully comp with no claims protection. So saved almost 400 pounds and got a FC policy just shopping around and showing them they actually didnt try getting me a good quote at all.

Does make it worth your while to search each year for better prices, because the insurance companys are not there to help you.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
23 when I got the 172... pay £460 FC

How do you all swing these premiums?? I'm 23 with no convictions/points/anything!! And cheapest I can get is £730 fc!! And at the mo since I changed my car on my current policy and I carried on with the policy its about £960 fc per year!!!!!!!!!! Thought insurance would be cheaper then this at 23 :(

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I believe there are hidden factors as to why people get such low premiums, because i live in a great area with zero crime, have the car in a drive, 4 years no claims, and im over 25 and still pay 500 quid FC....not sure how else i can really be a better person insurance wise!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Ok now seriously, where are you getting these prices from?? Because I really am getting bent over and seen to with my premium........

age 23, 5 years no claim discount, clean licence, good area. £500 fully comp. I also insure a van with them and get 25% off the van insurance :evil:

Clio 172 sport
age 20, initially cost me £1300 fully comp

when i turned 21 i changed and got it for £770 fully comp with tesco

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I had to wait until I was 21 to get insurance at a reasonable cost on a car with a high insurance group.

Shed.
Dont wish your life away!!!!!!!

If i could be 18 again id happily drive a 1.2!

Your right, when i was your age Rob's172 took me out for a drive in his 172. Id not been in a clio renaultsport before. Fook me i thought it was the best thing sincle sliced bread, 120mph on backroads and id not felt torque like it. I was 18 and was adament i was to have one.

Im now just short of 20. (2 weeks left). It dawned on me a while ago that ive actually got the rest of my life ahead of me to buy fast cars. I upgraded from my 51 plate 1.2 16v clio expression to an 05 plate 1.2 16v dynamique just over a year ago now in an attempt to just chill out and be patient. If id of got a 172 id of been skint, no going out round town, wouldnt have met half the people i know today either.

Im aiming for a 197 or a civic type-r by the time im 21. I actually couldnt give two s***s now if i get one or not. It deends what i can afford at the time. I am in no rush.

Just stick with the 1.4 until your 21 when insurance will be underneath the £1000 mark. In the mean time, save.

Its like a lot of people said to me - dont skint yourself for the sake of a car.

Shed.
f**k it right. If you can, you should. I dont know what your earnings are.......but what do you want more...a life....or a car.

LY 200
How do you all swing these premiums?? I'm 23 with no convictions/points/anything!! And cheapest I can get is £730 fc!! And at the mo since I changed my car on my current policy and I carried on with the policy its about £960 fc per year!!!!!!!!!! Thought insurance would be cheaper then this at 23 :(

Who are you with and how many points/no claims do you have?

Im 23, dont live too far away from you and mines £610 FC with direct line. Both Elephant and Admiral were arounf £700 also.

Granted cars parked in the garage but still.......

vw bora
19 when i got the ph1 and payed £1700 but now have the cup and im paying £1900 but i have 6 points for speeding and a crash lol oh and i live in wolverhampton not the safest place for a car as my last 3 have got broken into lol

Mini Cooper S sport
I was 30 when I got my 172, so insurance wasn't really a problem! I'm 35 now and insurance is only £300 on the R26.

£330 on the 182 at 29 with points and 6 years no claims, I have the misfortune of having a penis which obviously makes me more of an insurance risk.