ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Who are you with and how many points/no claims do you have?

Im 23, dont live too far away from you and mines £610 FC with direct line. Both Elephant and Admiral were arounf £700 also.

Granted cars parked in the garage but still.......

I'm 23, 3 yr NCB, cars garaged here.

I'm currently with Adrian Flux and best they can do is approx £950 which I'm doing at mo to finish this year of NCB off, then I'll change in June. Cheapest I could get otherwise was Elephant and one or two others around the £750 mark.

LY 200
I'm 23, 3 yr NCB, cars garaged here.

I'm currently with Adrian Flux and best they can do is approx £950 which I'm doing at mo to finish this year of NCB off, then I'll change in June. Cheapest I could get otherwise was Elephant and one or two others around the £750 mark.

Adrian Flux are s**t mate.......Alot of my pals went with them when we first started playing with bigger engined cars around 19 and they were NEVER anywhere near as competative as Elephant or Admiral with Dad as a named driver on my policy (i take it your doing this as this brings the policy down believe it or not!?).

Like i say though Direct Line were the cheapest form me this year for the first time ever. I do have an extra years NCD though and no points or collisions against my name but still i cant see there being a £340 difference between what they give for yourself and Flux are........The good thing about them also is that if one of the many uninsured drivers out there colide with you they will take the hit also which is a first i believe.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
19 when i had my 172 cup, paid just inside £2k.

thats in my name, 1 years ncb, adrian flux.

having said that, ill never go near adrian flux again, ever.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
22 when i got my 172, and paid 1k.

dont think id ever pay above 1k for insurance. but i know 17 y/o pay about £1.5K for a 1.2 corsa.

when i was 17 (now 26) a 1.2 nova cost about £500 to insure!

RB Clio 182
got my 182 when i was 22 for £760 fully comp without any ncb!! got a renewel soon tho and due to the current financial climate of the country atm im not looking forward to the quote they will send through.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
18 for the 172 was 1400 i think
21 for the Vee was 1100

23 with Vee, 172, SuperlightR all insured for under 1800£ a Thankya!

Karlos172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182 Trophy/R5GTT
Was 28, insurance was £700 fully comp with Flux, minor mods declared with no NCB as they are on my policy for the other weapon Renault 5 Gt Turbo!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm struggling to get anywhere under 2k at 19 for a 172, especially in my area. I really can't justify that on insurance so will probs look at getting a 106 gti for the next year or so before I bite the bullet and give in to an RS

Monaco RS Clio 172
was 19 when I got her.. 1700 fc 500 excess own name kwik fit insurance.

(172)
(mother+grand mother as named drivers lol... this took it from 2400 to 1700)

LY 200
I'm struggling to get anywhere under 2k at 19 for a 172, especially in my area. I really can't justify that on insurance so will probs look at getting a 106 gti for the next year or so before I bite the bullet and give in to an RS

You'll be just as happy with the 106 as a first performance car as you would a 172 imo........Just find a good one!!!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You'll be just as happy with the 106 as a first performance car as you would a 172 imo........Just find a good one!!!

Looking at the minute mate and will only buy if I can find a standard minter, I know how fragile they can be if it's been royally shagged lol.:nono:

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I was 27 when I got my 182 and I got 6 months free insurance from Evans Halshaw at the time. When it came to renew I was about £430 fully comp and was 28 at the time.

RB R27
When I started driving my 1.2 clio I was about £900 or somthin, maybe even more. Then after awhile it came down to £750, but I think that was mainly due to my job. I just got my 197, I'm 20 and the insurance for that is £1500ish, but it worth every penny :D lol. And Admiral has always been the cheapest with me.

Cooper S
I was 22 when I got my 182, insurance cost £560 fully comp.
I was 24 when I got my 197, insurance cost £468 fully comp.

clio 172 sport
quote line direct, i was 18 when i got ine 2100 with an insurance broker of there,

only 1 years exp and ncb