ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air bag light question...

SG9 Forester STi
After swapping the standard seats for Cobra Monaco's the airbag and service lights have come on and just wondered how you turn them off.

Rang Renault to see if they'd simply plug something in and turn the lights off. They quoted an almighty £76 as they'd have to do a full airbag system check despite the fact that I told them the exact reason for the lights being on. Pfft.

I've heard resistors do the job but what's the process?

Vicky.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
resistors are supposed to do the job,

though ive asked countless times and used every value of resistor, and non of them made any difference,

just live with it, or plug it into a diagnostic computer and get it turned off,

SG9 Forester STi
Yeah I tried resistors on Ben's 197 but none of them work and we tried them all, think it's going to be a case of using a black sharpie lol!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
you could plug the pretensioners in and leave them under the seats,

why not just live with the lights if you dont mind me asking??

ps. ive finally caught your bug and put my clio on a diet lol.

SG9 Forester STi
I haven't had a proper look at mine yet just going by what we tried on the 197. I had got used to them but now it's getting darker they get on my nerves lol.

Wahey, glad you finally got it sorted. How far have you gone with it?

It's addictive, mine's lost all the seat belts and boot panel aswell now, going to get rid of the door cards soon and get some CF in there :)

CLIO Iceberg 172
i thought you wanted me to come and try to switch them off for ya lol, i can bring the kit to you if you like

Bumder With A Buffer
3.3 ohm resistors in the plugs. If you had of bothered to turn up Sunday I could of helped ;)

HAve you not got any pretensioners?? If not plug them in and hide them under the seat. Then use 3.3 ohm resistors (or anything from 3-5 ohm) in the plugs.

SG9 Forester STi
Ah you've reminded me! Ben did mention something, are you able to do that with your kit?

SG9 Forester STi
3.3 ohm resistors in the plugs. If you had of bothered to turn up Sunday I could of helped ;)

HAve you not got any pretensioners?? If not plug them in and hide them under the seat. Then use 3.3 ohm resistors (or anything from 3-5 ohm) in the plugs.

Ah don't I was gutted I couldn't come :( I was even starting to convince myself to stick it on the rollers rather than just watch lol.

Get arranging another one haha.

I need to have a proper look at mine, and will have a fiddle around under there and see if I can get them off.

Thanks for the info though!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
dave dont suppose you want to do mine as well by any chance??
and engine management light too!

and pic says a thousand words vick
p2110091628.jpg

gotta keep some music thought
p2110091629.jpg

SG9 Forester STi
You've done more than I thought as it goes. I might paint the back of mine to get rid of the faded parts. How'd you find the harnesses with those seats?

My seatbelts started curling up and choking me lol so have to get some OMP's just after being in the 197 the harnesses feel really restricting and I wondered if it was awkward at junctions etc?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Southend Lights out meet lol? :cool:

you know it!

ive had these belts in for over a year,
love them, cept i have to take any coats off to get in, sucks on winter mornings.

what do you mean curling up?? chocking?!
and do you mean TRS harnesses? or just 3 pointers?

also i plan on covering up those sound proofed cars with some mdf door cards (carpeted)

and carpeting all of the boot floor, and get a spare wheel to match the others for the well :D sex!

CLIO Iceberg 172
yeah if it can be done i dont mind doing it, im sure i can switch the light off thats for sure as there is a dedicated button for that lol,

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
haha because thats what your 'supposed' to do when the lights come on!

lol nice one mate, we need to arrange another southend meet some time then lol.

SG9 Forester STi
what do you mean curling up?? chocking?!
and do you mean TRS harnesses? or just 3 pointers?

also i plan on covering up those sound proofed cars with some mdf door cards (carpeted)

and carpeting all of the boot floor, and get a spare wheel to match the others for the well :D sex!

Haha possibly a "slight" exaggeration there but what I meant is with those seats and the standard belt its twisting right by my neck which is seriously annoying lol. Just getting some 3 point OMP's that should sort me out and I guess it's just a matter of getting used to them.

yeah if it can be done i dont mind doing it, im sure i can switch the light off thats for sure as there is a dedicated button for that lol,

Cheers Dave that sounds like a plan, we'll have to get a southend mini meet on soon then!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ahh i get what you mean, ye seats didnt really work with the standard seatbelts lol.

would have gone for the 4 points personally (got mine 2nd hand on the cheap)

i wna get a cage now :D, n defs on the mini meet!