ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air bag warning light just come on

Clio182 Astra2 GTE16v
Both the orange service light and air bag warning light have come on, I know the car is due a 60K service but just wondered if these are related to the service or a geniue air bag fault, if the later anyone had a simular problems? Thanks

ford cougar 2.0 16v
i had this problem with stilo , they didnt know what was wrong and couldny fix it so i needed new airbag unit , but was covered under warranty. i didnt like the light being on cos i did a lot of motorway driving so wouldnt be good if it went off going the national speed limit

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
What needs to be done to fix it, is it just a case of un plugging then plugging back in?

BG 182 FF
if what stuart says doesn't work, disconnect the battery and cut the plug off and solder the wires together that sorted out my warning light.

1.2 clio
if what stuart says doesn't work, disconnect the battery and cut the plug off and solder the wires together that sorted out my warning light.

yeah mate thats the other way if it doesnt work. do you know how to get rid of the lights when youve uprated the seats?

BG 182 FF
If you have replaced them with seats with no airbags i take it.
If so this might some use to you, here
Hope that helps

Clio182 Astra2 GTE16v
Spot on, unplugged and re plugged connectors, driven without problem today, looks like something worked loose, thanks mate.

Clio 182
just out of curiosity, do you regularly tilt your driver seat forward (to let others in the back etc) ?