ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air bag warning light with a twist

Hi all, this is my first post.
i,ve been reading threads on the airbag light, however, mine is a bit differenf.

the problem is that my clio (51 1.2 authentique) has had new front seats fitted from either a different spec clio or an earlier model.

there is no wires in the passengers seat, and the ones in the drivers seat have different plugs to the ones in my wiring loom.

can someone offer some advice on which colours to join

cheers
Richard

Golf GTI 1.8T
welcome richard, a few of us have done this. I cant actually remember but I think I took a picture when did mine so I'll have a look when I get home. Although yours is a ph2 so my be different colours again.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
When I had my old 1.4 Dynamic, I has the air bag lighgt come up numerous times, when I took it into Renault o have it sorted, i was advised that the block connectors they had used were the casue of the fault.

They replaced the connector with the newer connector and all was fine, all it will be is connecting each cable correctly, I have a haynes manual at home will have a look at the wiring diagram as I am sure it shows it for both versions of the plug.

thanks 4 your replys.

the passenger seat has no wires or connectors comming from it, although there are wires comming from the floor. it also has a passenger airbag. the passenger seat has no pretensioner.

the drivers seat has 2 connectors. one under the base, a pressure sensor i presume, and another one.

the wires comming from the floor have had their ends cut off execpt for one connector.

i am guessing that the seats are from an earlier clio with only a drivers airbag. if so how do i tell the car to ignore the passenger side.

none of the connectors will plug together.

the previous owner has said the light hasn't been on long, and it was m.o.t.ed in may, so i presume it wasn't lit then as it is an mot check point.

cheers

richard

Golf GTI 1.8T
A car shouldnt fail because the airbag system isnt working correctly, airbags arent a requirement.

strange theres no wires on the passenger, put your hand up inside the material under the seat to see if they have been tucked away.