ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con delete

RS200 Cup
Hi,
Am I silly or to delete the aircon on my mk3 rs200 should just be a smaller belt to miss the ac fly wheel ???

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
As someone who is retrofitting ac in a 182 I'd say keep it and just fix what's wrong with it!

Unless there's a reason not to run ac anymore?

No idea how it works on a 200 though, so can't help with that, sorry!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If you're 'deleting' your aircon, you're probably doing it for one of two reasons.

1. You think it gives you more power - Turn it off, you will gain all the power you would have gained otherwise, assuming the car doesn't already do that at full throttle.

2. You're doing it to lose weight - The only good reason to do an AC delete.

Obviously if you're not removing anything, it's pretty pointless.

RS200 Cup
If you're 'deleting' your aircon, you're probably doing it for one of two reasons.

1. You think it gives you more power - Turn it off, you will gain all the power you would have gained otherwise, assuming the car doesn't already do that at full throttle.

2. You're doing it to lose weight - The only good reason to do an AC delete.

Obviously if you're not removing anything, it's pretty pointless.

RS200 Cup
It’s to lose the weight as a track car.
So want to remove the ac completely but ac delete kits have a false pulley. Why not just have a smaller belt ??

monaco 172
Because if it's anything like on a 182 the AC pulley is ribbed, the deflector pulley isn't, so buy just using a smaller belt you risk the belt coming off.

On my 172 I removed the AC and replaced the deflector pulley with a ribbed idler pulley.

Made absolutely naff all difference though, I wouldn't bother. I bet it shed about 20kg in total.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
After doing 1000+ mile round trip to the ring and back along with many trackdays this year it’s become apparent that there are other ways to loose that generous 20kg else where. Going to go FG doors, boot and bonnet with polycarb windows while retaining the AC for those hot days on track where a little letter box flap won’t cut it. And the roof scoop, well that weight you just saved you’ve got back double on drag 🤦🏼‍♂️

Just turn it off when on track