ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con does not work

Titanium Clio 182
I've had problems with my air con before when it was losing gas but when I clicked the AC button you could here the aircon "click" on and the revs would change, Now i'm getting nothing. I'm guessing the fuse may have blown but i'd like some advise on what else it may be!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If it has lost all pressure, it will not click on.

I believe the system has a pressure cut off valve or similar in it.

Best bet is to take it to kwik fit and have it compression tested, they'll then bung a dye through it to see where the leak is (if there is one)

It's more than likely in the condenser (air con radiator) at the front of the car, you can change this yourself for about 30£ (second hand part).

Titanium Clio 182
Yeah checked the relays and fuses. Its been sat for 6 months doing nothing whilst i've been away on deployment, parents ran it around for a bit but probably didn't use the air con, so its probably all gone!

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Re-gas it yourself. It's cheap, you can buy the stuff from Motorfactors for very little and it is really easy.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Where is the fuse and the relay for the Air-Con in the Ph2 172?

Also, where is the pressure switch someone on here mentioned changing?

Thanks in advance
Trev