ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con inop possible pressure sensor ?

Hi all, just a quick one , my air con hasn't work for a while , I'm a mechanic but don't really do much in the terms of air con.

I've had the system gasses up , and it went fine no reported leaks but the compressor doesn't kick in when it's selected !

On Rs tuner I plugged it in and it came up with 'air con pressure sensor 1' iirc , would this stop the system working if the sensor is faulty ? Or is this code present because there's another fault ?

I want to get it sorted as the weather is got a little hot and it's crap not working :(

I can re connect Rs tuner and get the exact code , no certain if it was defiantly sensor 1 or 2 (obviously ill replace which one if its obviously just a sensor) or is there a common wiring issue etc ?

Cheers Dean

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
If a pressure sensor isn't reading correctly, it won't allow the compressor to work. It's a built in failsafe to prevent the system rupturing from being over pressured.

If a pressure sensor isn't reading correctly, it won't allow the compressor to work. It's a built in failsafe to prevent the system rupturing from being over pressured.

Winner so if there's a code there is likely that its a failed sensor not allowing the system to kick in ! Right next question where the hell do the sensors live ? Hahaha