ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con not working

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is there any common faults on the air con? I've got a '03 172 it's been re gased only once two years ago. Now it's not blowing cold air.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Take it to somewhere that offers a free check up. Night just need regassing again.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
A mechanic I know he knows someone where they use dye for the air con system. Hopefully be taking my car there next week sometime. Not sure as yet if I need to pay for that check

Clio 172
If your air con gas pressure is low the low pressure switch will cut out thus not enabling the air con system to work. Having had mine comprehensively pressure tested, ,oisture removed, re-oiled and re-gassed yesterday by the guys at work whilst I watched it is a mind boggling procedure of gas, pressures, vacuums and the like lolIf you go for a free check ask if you can watch them whilst they work and get them to explain what they are doing.Thats said mine was showing 0.5 bar of pressure, probably never been re-gassed since new. The advantages of having a full dept of instructors in refridgeration next door!!£10 and a packet of biscuits........brrrr it's fritzin in my Ph1 now lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i have no idea if the pressure is low. Can this guy check if there's pressure before he puts the dye in the system? no idea what kit you need. I remember when i first picked up my car from the dealer i had to turn the air con off cos it was that cold. Be good to have the coldness back like