ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con woes Part 2 :0(

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Alrite lads,

I'd like to pick your brains for a final time before I get ready to launch my French friend into a river ?

Ok following on from this thread here --> clicky where basically I had a hole in the high pressure pipe which I then replaced with a second hand used one - was assured it was ok and it looked ok too and then went to ATS for a re gas only to but told within 10mins sorry can't do it, you've got a big leak somewhere ?

I asked the bloke where but he didn't know, just mentioned it's maybe the condensor and it will cost £400 wtf!!

Here's a few issues I found when re fitting the pipe.

1. Bolt on re fitting just spins ie doesn't seem to completely tighten down, this is the bolt into the dryer from the high pressure pipe that I fitted.
20180718_165157_LI.jpg

2. I did slightly bend the fins on fitting the pipe but not too drastic I didn't think
20180718_165404_LI.jpg

3. I also noticed a slight wetness behind this hose.
20180718_170929_LI.jpg

Any ideas? very cheesed off seeing as it's the second time it's failed the re gas although I half expected it the first time round - tried to JB weld a pinhole!

I like my A/C hence trying to sort it!

Cheers.

A condenser is not £400! Go to a proper place / air con man, not ATS. As for not knowing where it's leaking, they can put a dye in it & see where it leaks from.

Land Rover
Sadly l have been told that the aircon is leaking in my 182....by the garage that’s doing the gearbox/clutch etc.
And would you believe it, it’s the condenser. A new one is £70 and about the same again to fit it.
I had it re-gassed about eight weeks ago and it was still working when l took it in (they’ve had the car for two weeks) although it struggled to cool the car in the 30deg heat at the time.
I have to take their word for it. I told them to sort it.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Sadly l have been told that the aircon is leaking in my 182....by the garage that’s doing the gearbox/clutch etc.
And would you believe it, it’s the condenser. A new one is £70 and about the same again to fit it.
I had it re-gassed about eight weeks ago and it was still working when l took it in (they’ve had the car for two weeks) although it struggled to cool the car in the 30deg heat at the time.
I have to take their word for it. I told them to sort it.

You can get a new one for £50 although not obviously the Valeo one, that's over £100 I've done some digging If it turn out to be that that's shot.

£400 ATS! hahaha, jokers.

I've heard it's pretty easy to fit too although it's bumper off job.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Here is the OE part numbers and Valeo ones to help.

There is also a seal kit that you can buy to replace all the O-RIngs (Picture number 3)

Rad : AC 02.JPG

Rad : AC 01.JPG

182 A:C Seals.jpg