ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air conditioning problem

Megane RS250 CUP
I'm having some issues with the air-con on my 182. I had it re-gassed last weekend, there was 60g inside the system that was removed, it then had a vacuum test for 20mins to test for any leaks and it was all good, system refilled with oil and dye added as normal. Seemed to work fine the first day, the last couple of days it works fine for 5-10mins then the air gradually gets warmer.
If I turn the air-con off and back on again it goes cold for another 5-10mins then gets warm again. I can hear the clutch engaging when I push the button inside the car, I was wondering if anyone had ever had any problems with the clutch wearing out or needing the pulley to be re-shimmed? This is all I can think of at the moment or maybe the relay is fauly although I would've thought the air-con light on the dashboard would go out?
I have looked over most of the pipework and unions I can see with a UV torch and can't see any leaks.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Or expansion valve as boring people call it