ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air conditioning

clio sport 2 litre 172
Hi I was wondering if anyone has had this problem with thier air con? I have a 172 on a 52 plate. Just had air con gassed and oiled left garage yesterday with lovely cold air with air con working fine, yet today hot air even on minimum temp (below 16 degrees)? so I was driving around with my winndows down. Then tonight heater blowing out cool at 21 degrees? I can't work it out so any information would be very much appreciated....STRAWBERRY..xx

clio sport 2 litre 172
thanks but the only reason i had the windows down was because the aircon was blowing out hot air!! anyone know where the aircon filter is??

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Sounds like you still have a leak.

They should have tested for leaks before gassing it up.

They should also have put a green fluorescent dye in the system to help with leak detection, have a look under the bonnet for any signs of this.

I would take it straight back to them and get them to do it properly.

If you mean the Pollen filter, its under the black panel in front of the windscreen, drivers side....access from under the bonnet.

clio 172
put the air con on and feel the pipes under the engine theres two silver pipes which run round the drivers side one should feel really ice cold and the other not so cold. if it does that its still gassed ok.try puttin the temperature on maximum then turn the fan speed on two bars then drop the temperature to minimum and see if it works then.thats how ive got to use mine cos the motor which turns the flap for temperature the bit in the heater box is broken but when the fan speed is low it can still turn it.

sorry its a bit long winded but it might work

clio sport 172
dose any one get a slight smell when switching on and off for a few min ??? if that normal or dose it need gas change ing

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Id take it back if I were you, sounds like leakage as people have said !

I was going to post a question air-con myself so this thread seems a good place to start, sorry to highjack it Strawberry :eek:

Blue-Storm mentioned a slight smell when turning aircon /heater on & off Im begining to notice this in mine,like a musty dusty kinda thing?

Do I need an aircon service ? I think someone in past on here has mentioned a cleaning or deodoriser they put in when regassing etc does anyone know anymore bout this & how much it would cost ?

Cheers :D

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Smells don't adapt too well to print so on the basis you think its "not normal" I would suspect its either a blocked or dirty pollen filter or perhaps a build up of dust in the heater plenum.

Neither of those are peculiar to use of the air con.

The evaporator (the small rad in the heater housing) for the air con, can become contaminated and there are cleaner kits for this.

I have never done one on a Clio so it would be worth asking Edde, how you get to it.