ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air filter on 1.6 8v

Ive put an air filter on my Rxe and I dont know what to do with the other pipe that went into the original airbox. Can someone tell me what I should do with this? Also do i need to take the plastic bit that the old airbox connected to off?

Thanks Marco

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Im guessing your on about the breather filter, all you have to do is buy a small breather filter from somewhere and stick it on...

And what plastic bit are you talking about? the IAT sensor?

Thats probably it. I think im going to put the standard airbox back on because there is no induction noise at all:S

no point in putting induction kit on the 1.6 8v. If you want a 'better' induction system then ITG will make you a replacment panel filter for about £40.

The 1.6 8v responds really well to de-cat though so I would recommend that and a cat back exhaust. will give you soem noise and a noticeable perfomance boost.

Ive taken it off anyway. It gave no induction noise (which is what i wanted) and it wouldnt make a difference to power. Looks like its going in the for sale section.

surprised it gave no induction noise tbh, did you fit it right? what kit was it? wont make a difference to power as you said, but a decat really makes a good difference

I dont know if i fitted it right tbh. I took the old airbox off and put it on this black thing. I think the black thing had the air flow meter in it so i didnt bother removing it. On the Rxe the airbox is fairly weird compared to the 1.2s and 1.4s

No induction noise at all :S

It looked dodgy too me. Literally just sat on top of the engine. The filter i used is the 1 ive put up in the for sale section with 1 bend and a cone on the end.

filter should be placed like this... couldnt find a better pic
clio%2014%20ind%20kit.jpg

I might take the original air filter out then put the pipercross on the end of the airbox. Do you think that would work?

Nooooo, i took all that off and mounted it like in the pic. I mean would it work if i left the original airbox on then put the pipercross on the end minus the original filter

ill give it a try later then see what the crack is. cheers theduck, ill update this thread if it does make a difference