ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filter Performance Differences?

1.6 Ford Focus
he after one for a 1.2 though so this doesnt really help him.
with a 1.2, your not really gona get any power from one without an exhust and remap to go with it. but for sound they do make them sound more throaty. one of the easyest mods you can do too bud.

Exhaust will be done in the future, what kind of air filters are the best for a 1.2? If not power I am after sound as well...

ibiza cupra
a k&n one or a piper cross one. would be fine. i have a piper cross on my 172 and it sounds nice and meaty when you open it up.

Golf GTD Mk7
you'll not really notice any gains on any clio by changing the filter. All you're going to get is noise difference really. Cone filters will give a grunty noise, whereas panel filters will be no change at all really.

ibiza cupra
you'll not really notice any gains on any clio by changing the filter. All you're going to get is noise difference really. Cone filters will give a grunty noise, whereas panel filters will be no change at all really.
this is true. the only real benifit is not having to replace them at every service. you can just clean them

1.6 Ford Focus
Hmm so there is still an advantage of sound and not having to replace it then...

How easy is it to change from a standard panel filter to a cone filter? If I remember rightly my 2001 Mk2 Ph1 has a panel filter, do I need anything else other than the new cone filter to fit it?

Changing a standard filter is easy but changing to a totally different one I am totally in the dark about.

Golf GTD Mk7
Hmm so there is still an advantage of sound and not having to replace it then...

How easy is it to change from a standard panel filter to a cone filter? If I remember rightly my 2001 Mk2 Ph1 has a panel filter, do I need anything else other than the new cone filter to fit it?

Changing a standard filter is easy but changing to a totally different one I am totally in the dark about.

can't really remember what the bay is like on the 1.2, but it's usually just a case of remove the old air box and attach the new cone to the hose which was attached to the airbox. it's a 5 minute job really.

172 5HED
Not much sound difference on a 1.2, I had one on mine a few years ago!! Just drill the box and save yourself money!