ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Tools

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Just picked up a compressor, so now I need some air tools.

What do people use? I've had a look at the Clarke pro stuff and SGS. Not really sure what's worth spending on.

I want a ratchet and impact first I think. Not sure whether to just buy a kit.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Depending on what compressor you have it will struggle to run a impact gun properly, I have a 50l tank and get a few seconds of full power then the compressor kicks in again.
I just got some tools from Lidl impact, ratchet, drill and they are fine for home use.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Plasma cutter 🤣

Joking aside, air gun, spray gun, tyre inflator are all good shouts.

I have a few Clarke bits from machine mart and TBF they work just fine. Air ratchet is a good shout though if you don't have one.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
It’s not a big one, 50L 3hp 14 cfm job. My thinking is I’m not going to be constantly using the tools, just for a few seconds at a time so hopefully it can keep up. I’m not bothered about it kicking in all the time. All the above are now on the list though. Probably not bother with a paint gun as I’d use my dads proper set up for that.

hammer, ratchet, blower, impact and a die grinder needed though.
And a plasma is definitely on the list one day, not as posh as yours though @J-J

I like the look of the Clarke stuff. Not a bad price too. I think I want to go the route of buying individual stuff like this

But a kit is also tempting.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I have that ratchet and it's spot on.

The Clarke stuff isn't bad really for the money.

Starting out I'd be tempted by this Link