ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag ecu removal help please

CLIO PH1 172
Hey so ages ago I removed my airbag ecu and of course the airbag light and service light have been on ever since, is thamere anyway I can remove the lights now?

Can I put resistors in anywhere to cut the lights out?

I obviously have no interior apart from my dash all the wires have just been neatly unplugged and tied up behind the dash nothing has been cut off or chopped up

Hope there's something I can do as the lights are annoying me now

Thanks

Adam

CLIO PH1 172
Hmm really don't want to do that was hopping I could just trick the main ecu in to thinking it was still there by using some resistors

Thanks

clio 172
been stripping my car today and had another idea i moved the module behind the dash shortened all plugs that are to do with airbags tensioners ect then fitted resistors, so basicaly its all behind the dash with all the wiring shortened so its not so messy thought id post it as it may help someone.

R8, Clio172, 172cup
hi poriodan - what spec resistors did you use and did you follow the guide on here soldering about 8 or so of them in? I have some 3.3ohm resistors but not sure they are right as couldnt get them to work on my old car..

R8, Clio172, 172cup
Aha!

Think I've cracked it - I had bought 3.3K Ohm resistors by mistake - so they would have been 1000x too resistive! I now have ordered some 3.3 Ohm ones which should be just right, and I've got my head round it now and plan to do the same as poriodan and remove everything BAR the ECU and leave that with short wires and resistors soldered in place. I'll repost once sorted