ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light and service light always on

My service light and airbag light come on a few seconds after i turn on the car. they sometimes go off but are usually on. i have been told its likley to be a seatbelt. anyone else have any ideas on how to solve it or turn it off.

Da

Less
The SERV and AIRBAG lights coming on is a common problem, its due to the wiring of the pretensioners going to an open circuit.

Fiddle with the wires under the seat an the problem should go away.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It's usually the wire under the passenger seat , wriggle it , should sort it .

i have a cd changer (not used) under there so the wires will be alittle harder to get to but ill have a look. is there any wires or connections specifically i should wiggle or just generally everything?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
i have a cd changer (not used) under there so the wires will be alittle harder to get to but ill have a look. is there any wires or connections specifically i should wiggle or just generally everything?

My 172 had a cd changer under the seat , the wire is above that . If your having trouble getting your hand under the seat push the seat forward and do it from behind the seat :)

It's a commonish problem , and yeah there is a connector . Some people remove the connector and solder the wire together . Been mentioned all about this fix ages and ages ago . Do a search you might find it .

Serv and airbag only come on mine when i switch on the ignition and once engine started go off.

These 2 lighting aint going to prevent them from airing incase of a accident are they?

Is the long term fix solder connections and wipe fault code on uch/ecu?

yeah i found the wire, really easy to get to actually. i was in a rush and only put my hand under the seat and it was fixed. it came back on an hour or so later so i had an actual look. its at the front of the seat a yellow conection, a previous owner tryed to sort it with electrical tape. anyway its fixed

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
yeah i found the wire, really easy to get to actually. i was in a rush and only put my hand under the seat and it was fixed. it came back on an hour or so later so i had an actual look. its at the front of the seat a yellow conection, a previous owner tryed to sort it with electrical tape. anyway its fixed

Result :)