ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Light for MOT

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
my 172 Cup has failed MOT as the airbag light is not coming on as it should when the ignition is turned on.

Could someone please tell me the correct timings etc as to when the light comes on and goes out on start up. I assume I am going to have to wire it up either tied into the battery warning light, or through the ignition feed with a timed relay? If anyone has any suggestions as to the easiest way to do this please let me know.

172 cup
I'm sure it comes on as soon as you turn ignition on as with the other lights and then goes out once turned over.

I think they're being abit harsh with these new rules.

If you press the button on the end of your stalk and turn the ignition to 1 does it come on then? (dials will also go crazy)

Megane dci 130
Someone has either taped over the bulb to stop it showing because there's an airbag fault or there's a fault with the cluster. Is the SERV light on aswell?

Megane dci 130
Has to come on and go off when the ignition is turned on. As does the abs light and loads of others these days.

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
Took the dash out tonight and someone had taped the bulb. Removed the bulb and the light is now permanently on. Will CLIP tell me where the fault is in system?

Megane dci 130
Can't believe people still do this to airbag systems! Not very clever when none of your airbags go off in a crash when you need them...

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
If i replace the airbag module with a second hand module do I have to replaced all airbags from donor car as well? Also is it just a case of plugging it in and it works or will it need to be coded?

Megane dci 130
No need to replace the airbags. Make sure you get a computer with the same airbag configurations and it will plug and play.

Better to get the car plugged in to CLIP or a code reader that can handle Airbag codes on Renaults rather than replace ECU's as the new ECU will just find the same fault and throw the light on itself