ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light mk2 clio

Hi I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction as I've run out of ideas about this now.

Airbag light is on. Diagnostic machine showed up errors with both front connections so they were soldered. Faults were still showing so these connections were bypassed with resistors. These faults cleared leaving just codes 71 & 72.

Similar thing with the steering wheel so again resistors were used and errors 71 & 72 were cleared.

However when plugged into diagnostics the fault is now 65 and something about a ground.

I've spent days googling for this error but nothing seems to relate.

Has anyone had this issue before or have any idea of what to do next to fix it?

Worked this out in the end so here's the solution for anyone who stumbles across this.

On the loom under the drivers seat wire the resistors as follows;

Orange and brown cable 3.3 ohm resistor
Orange / brown stripe and brown cable 3.3 ohm resistor
Pink and purple striped cables 100 ohm resistor

It seems the ECU was looking for the seat position in which the seat sensor has a resistance of either 100 or 400 ohms. So fitting one of these value resistors provides the reading the ECU is looking for.