ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag lights

BNR33 GTR

Hi guys. Just want to know if the airbag light should come on when u start the car? Coz mine doesnt, just in case i crash (touch wood) i dont smack my face in the steering wheel. I have a ph2 valver. Cheers.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

it should come on for about 2 seconds when the ing is first switched on. most likely a blown bulb as the airbag computer turns off the light when its not reqd rather than turning it on when its needed. the light earths through the airbag computer. when the light doesnt need to be on the computer cuts the earth so the light goes out. when the ing is first turned on the computer does a resistance check of all components and if there all ok it cuts the earth and the warning light goes out. due to how the warning light works if the computer didnt work the light would be permanatly on. i would remove the instrument panel and check the bulb.

BNR33 GTR

Ahhh ok cool thanx Jay172. What will the problem be if the bulb aint blown? sorry for being a pain keep asking questions.:D

BNR33 GTR

Hmm damn cant get the dashboard out til i get back home from uni. Man its bloody rough where i live. Got broken into 5 times already. only had the car for 2 years. Ok i will get back to you when i get back home. In 2 weeks that is. Thanx Jay172. :D