ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag warnig light

Clio 200 Cup
I started my 172 Cup this morning and the SERVICE and Airbag warning lights stayed on.

A mile down the road they went out, and have been coming and and going off intermittently all day. They are either both on, or both off.

I suspect a loose connection somewhere in the airbag systems but want to know if this is a common problem with a quick fix before I go rooting around.

I've wriggled the wries under the driver and passenger seats (I think these are for the seatbelt tensioners) and this hasn't made a diference - tho I havn't ruled this out as the root cause.

Any ideas? Im grateful for any advice.

Cheers,

Kevin

Oil Burner
Mine come on periodically and have done on both my clios and a friends. Normally either turning the car off and on or wriggling the wires under either of the seats will fix it.

Typical with renault there doesnt seem to be a way to fix this properly, just ways to get around the problem.

Monaco 172
It will most likely be the connections under the seats, try taking them apart cleaning them up and give it another go, if worst comes to the worst you can chop them up and solder them together, electrical tape etc.