ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbox hoses

Titanium ph1 turbo
Hi,

Just bought a phase 1 172.. was having a look around the engine bay and noticed that on the airbox there are 2 pipes which connect to it. The one closest to me is split fully in half and hanging together by a metal coil.

What is this pipe, and roughly how much/easy is it to fix and replace?

Also is there a Haynes manual for the 172, or does the Haynes Clio manual cover much of the basics I need? I'm ok with a spanner, have rebuilt 5 turbo's inside out, but a total newbie to the 172 in terms of DIY mechanics.

Cheers,

Chris.

clio 172 ph1,golf v5
Sounds like your CAF (cold air feed) You can buy one from any motorsport shop and they don't cost much at worst you'll be looking at £20 and they're very easy to fit just pull off old one and push on new one.

Titanium ph1 turbo
Ok update.. got a picture and circled the pipe I'm talking about.. just to understand the Phase 1 airbox, is it 2x intakes of cold air from the front mounted bracket? I presume the split in one of them won't be a major issue for now, just means warmer air under the bonnet will be sucked in perhaps reducing performance slightly?

1.jpg

Last edited: