ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AirHorn

Twingo Dynamique
Hope this is suitable section... but a mate of mine has previousely rigged an airhorn to replace the measely *beep* on his car... wondered if many people have done it on here so could give me suggestions on

a) parts required
b)ease of work required?
c) worth it?

anything else etc please just say... :)

cheers folks :)

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Mate had one on a golf. Was one of the kits with small elec compressor and some air lines to two different horn trumpets. Sounded a bit like a fish van tbh lol.

It wasn't one like a truck air horn.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
If you YouTube "train horn on car" or something similar, you'll find lots of amusing videos. Lol

Twingo Dynamique
yeah thats the effect i'm looking for.. :p i have a spare switch i could use for it... so i could keep original for general use... then my other switch for comedic value... :p :L

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
What you need is obviously the air horn itself, an air tank if you want to use bigger horns, a compressor to build up the air pressure in the tank, air pipes running from the compressor to the air tank and the air tank to the horn, then you just need the electrical side of things.

Ph2 172
I had the small electric compressor type myself. It sounded okay with longer trumpets. Quite loud

A friend had a full sized compressor and 'train horns'.......excessively loud!!! I mean OMG loud!
This is in a landrover though. I don't think you could fit it in anything smaller tbh because of the compressior and tank size. It would take up a clios boot.

Twingo Dynamique
I had the small electric compressor type myself. It sounded okay with longer trumpets. Quite loud

A friend had a full sized compressor and 'train horns'.......excessively loud!!! I mean OMG loud!
This is in a landrover though. I don't think you could fit it in anything smaller tbh because of the compressior and tank size. It would take up a clios boot.
thats the scale i was hoping.. until i saw the price of train horns!! :L i think some train horns are electric though...?? the diesel trains? :S