ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

airride suspension?

renault clio
Hi guys,

I own my 172 3 years and still al lot of fun. If i want to keep the car a more years, i think about some bigger mods. 8j wheels, some airride, respray. I think everyone knows these ideas;)

I do not need to have the best of the best airride, so does anyone have so tips and ideas what a good air suspension will be? And is it possible with coilovers from billstein/kw etc etc?

I hope i'll get some answers.

Cheers!

renault clio
There is a clio in the fast car magazine with airride. In scenestatsmagazine is one as well. So its possible. I hoped someone have some experience with it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's not that big of a thing over here. There has only been a few people putting air ride on Clio's/cars in general.

It's mostly reserved for show cars/people with lots of money and no taste.

Most people on this forum just use coilovers and wind them right down.

renault clio
I can go low with coilovers what i have know. But i have to drive a lot of roads with bumps etc so its not ideal. I think that air would be a good selution. Taste is something personal but on a normal height you don't see much difference. Its just for the show/meeting. When i drive normal i can but him a bit higher;)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Rayvern kits use avo shocks. Never had any issue with them. His kits are cheap compared to others on the market. Basic system easy to use.

Havair use gaz struts. I wouldn't recommend. I had hassle with them when I bought a set of front struts.

renault clio
Thanks a lot for your reaction. Do you have a link to the rayvern kits. I'm from the Netherlands and we do not have that system in our country i guess. Can i hold my coilovers who i have know on the Rayvern set of need i have new ones?

I think when the basic qualtiy is good thats fine by me. I don't need the newest of the newest;)