ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Akrapovič 200 exhaust

Clio 200
Have just bought a new Clio 200 and looking at the Akrapovic exhaust, anybody got one and give some ideas of what its like?

225 Cup & Williams
Noddie on here with the alien green 200 has one fitted. I've heard it at a rolling road day last year and it was pretty nice, expensive though.

Clio 200
Re: Akrapovic 200 exhaust

Aww :) a seen it on k-tec was like £980 and just about had a crisis. think its worth the money?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

I've not heard an Akrapoviç in real life, seen very few pictures but I'm still tempted. The price wouldn't put me off at all, the only thing dictating whether I get one or not is if I actually want to keep the 200.

I'm sure Christopher will be along soon too..

Clio 200

Same with me money doesnt bother me or put me off, i like the carbon exhaust rings yu get with the exhaust

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Re: Akrapoviç 200 exhaust

I must admit, the carbon exhaust rings were a selling point for me too, the rest is just a bonus! :eek:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I've changed the title twice now, what is it?

Akrapoviç

or

Akrapovič ?

:eek:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
authorized_dealer_banner_copy_f.jpg

That is the image from KTEC's website.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome system. I'm saving for one as soon as I'm back from Le Mans. The only 200 system that's worthy.

People don't mind paying 500 for a yozza on a 182, but 1000 for an Akrapovic on a 200 that is three times the value is too much?
Cost of mods to a car is all relative to the value of the car in most cases, this is no different.
In five years time maybe, when the 200 has depreciated, yes maybe too expensive, but not now. IMO.

Nissan 350z
People don't mind paying 500 for a yozza on a 182, but 1000 for an Akrapovic on a 200 that is three times the value is too much?
Cost of mods to a car is all relative to the value of the car in most cases, this is no different.
In five years time maybe, when the 200 has depreciated, yes maybe too expensive, but not now. IMO.

But thats just it. The Yozza and the Akra are essentially the same thing, you're just paying an extra £500 for the brand. You cant seriously argue theres an extra £500 worth of piping or development PER EXHAUST thats gone into the Akra? And bare in mind they are both SS systems!

Edit: Im not saying the Akra is crap or its not worth it, im just saying using value as a means of justifying the cost doesnt work IMO.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
But thats just it. The Yozza and the Akra are essentially the same thing, you're just paying an extra £500 for the carbon tips. You cant seriously argue theres an extra £500 worth of piping or development PER EXHAUST thats gone into the Akra? And bare in mind they are both SS systems!

Edit: Im not saying the Akra is crap or its not worth it, im just saying using value as a means of justifying the cost doesnt work IMO.

fo' sho'

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id buy one in a heartbeat if i could get to the bottom of 2 things....

1. my cars a heap.

2. does the Akra give you a flat spot as all the others do? i dont mind if it does and can be mapped out but loosing low down torque is NOT an option!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Only one i'd have on mine, i'd just need some nice tapered o.e looking trims

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Thought the flat spot only occurred with the decat?

£1000 notes for a road car exhaust is pretty freaking ridiculous IMO but as stated there are enough akprovic bum boys out there to demand good value second hand.

182 cup
The £1000 Evolution option does come with a decat. So add that onto the top of other systems and it doesn't look too bad

It will create a flat spot, even cutting the centre silencer out of the standard system gives you a flat spot, never mind decat and full system.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
The Akra I just fitted to my M3 gave me a flat spot just after 2k revs , as its still under warranty I didn't want to have it remapped so I have taken it off and put the standard one back on , bummer really as it sounded really good.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
How is it a heap? Haven't you just got it lol

you not saw my thead about 12 dealership visits, new engine, destroying tyres in 2000 miles, legal battle with arnold clark etc? lol

if its giving a flat spot im out!
renault spend all that cash giving the car 20% more torque under 3000rpm or what ever the figure was for people to change the exhaust and loose torque under 3000rpm. no thanks!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
you not saw my thead about 12 dealership visits, new engine, destroying tyres in 2000 miles, legal battle with arnold clark etc? lol

if its giving a flat spot im out!
renault spend all that cash giving the car 20% more torque under 3000rpm or what ever the figure was for people to change the exhaust and loose torque under 3000rpm. no thanks!

I noticed you blew something up in the engine. Can't remember what exactly, I'll read the thread tomorrow. Is it Sorted yet?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not so much something in the engine more just the full engine its self lol! however i didnt blow it, it blew its self!! - not sorted yet goes back into another dealership on Monday, fingers crossed this time! not holding much hope though

BMW E34 540i
It will create a flat spot, even cutting the centre silencer out of the standard system gives you a flat spot, never mind decat and full system.

Are you sure about centre silencer and flat spot ? Was planning to do it :( along with panel filter and remap.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Would not pay 1k for an exhaust. I bet JP exhausts could make you one for cheaper than that.