ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alan Wake

57 Clio Campus Sport
Yarp got it on order but probs won't get played much. I will give it a chance and if it turns out to be really good will give it some time but got skate 3 coming same day which will play to death first, then got split second, blur and ufc out in next two weeks. A busy month gaming wise.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm only an hour in but it's got me interested. I'm a sucker for a strong story in a game.

Lee

BMW M2C
Finished chapter 1 at lunch. It's old school gaming really, but a great story and very moody. Recently I've lost interest in watching long winded cut scenes, but the story in Alan Wake is so compelling I'm happy to watch it all.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Damn if it's got long cutscenes I will hate it. If I wanted to watch a film I would buy a blu ray instead of a game.

Is it all in the dark or is there day scenes as well?

Lee

BMW M2C
I think that's why it's had mixed reviews. It's not far off an interactive movie, which is something some people hate. If done well it's something I get really hooked on.

Mixture of night and day so far. In and out of the nightmare/dream/whatever it is!

White Sti Hatch
So ive been looking forward to this Since its pending "Release title status" of 2005 then its 06,07,08,09 release !!!!!

Is it worth the buy after having to wait almost 5 freaking years ?? Does it live up to Remedy's epic of Max Payne 1 & 2

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was going to buy this, but I got Skate first. When I've done with that an Conviction, I'll trade them in for Alan Wake and sigh... BF2.

1.8 Civic EX
interested by this... looks a lot like Alone in the Dark and i really liked that. Anyone that has this played Alone in the Dark and could compare them for me?

Golf GTD
interested by this... looks a lot like Alone in the Dark and i really liked that. Anyone that has this played Alone in the Dark and could compare them for me?

They only way they are similar is the episodic content. Alone in the Dark was awful, this, Alan Wake, is a lot better!

White Sti Hatch
How many hours it take you? Just finished chapter 2, I'm not a massive fan of it as a game, it's decent but nothing special in my eyes.

To be fair not sure on exact time picked it up Friday played most of the night then an hour or two on Sat then most of today so at a guess id say maybe 12 Hours worth of play if that ? But it has reply value n i will be going through it a couple of times

57 Clio Campus Sport
To be fair not sure on exact time picked it up Friday played most of the night then an hour or two on Sat then most of today so at a guess id say maybe 12 Hours worth of play if that ? But it has reply value n i will be going through it a couple of times

I banged it straight on hard and it took me just over 2 hours for first 2 episodes but I'm guessing they may get longer, won't bother replaying it once I've finished though. It would be nice to have some gameplay in the daytime instead of all at night in a forest...

White Sti Hatch
I banged it straight on hard and it took me just over 2 hours for first 2 episodes but I'm guessing they may get longer, won't bother replaying it once I've finished though. It would be nice to have some gameplay in the daytime instead of all at night in a forest...

I spent most of my time *****ing around trying to find all the Scripts and Thermos's hense the long ass time !

Revels Mum & Sister
I am up to the middle of Chapter 3. I really like it. Reading the pages so you kind of know something will happen but no idea when. Surround sound on and lights down. Scary old game.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
very creepy game, started it late last night after watching the crazies, great fun

Not played it yet , but will buy it.

12 hours max is s**t really for a £40 game.

I remember the first Tomb Raider and Resi Evil took me weeks ( of a few hours a night ) to compleat!

White Sti Hatch
Not played it yet , but will buy it.

12 hours max is s**t really for a £40 game.

I remember the first Tomb Raider and Resi Evil took me weeks ( of a few hours a night ) to compleat!

It has replay Value mate so 12 hours isnt sh!te nor if £40 a rip off for a game at all

320d M Sport
our kid has done it in about 8hours he says, and he hardly ever buys or plays on the xbox. Only bought it because it reminded him of Resi Evil games!

It has replay Value mate so 12 hours isnt sh!te nor if £40 a rip off for a game at all

£40 is goin rate for a game , so it isn't a rip off as such! It's a lot of money for a story based/single player game that takes between 8-12 hours to compleat.

182FF with cup packs
Saw this last night round my mates. Fantastically atmospheric, seems a cool idea for a game. Especially liked the frantic button pushing my mate was having to do to reload the batteries in his torch, reload his pistol, while backing away from a whole bunch of nasties and flying train parts.