ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm bleeps 3 times....leeshez

black gold 182

I remember a while back reading a post or reply by leeshez,it was regarding a fault with the ecu thinking ,the ignition was still on when you closed the dor and set the alarm,so it bleeps at you,you said there was a repair so i printed off your post and took it to dealer who said there was nothing wrong and even shown me the alarm on a cup in the showroom do the same thing......................any ideas now?????

Ford Fiesta

it is a fault. and should be repaired at your dealer. My mates did it and they fixed it 2nd attempt.

luckily mine has never done it. Apparantly cos M Knight installed mine at the docks, who does a good job. Check you cat 1 certificate for who did yours.

One of the chaps is a memeber on here who installs them at docks for renault.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Yep, defo a fault. Mine used to do it too, my dealer looked into it for me. Cobra, who supply the alarms, are also aware of this little fault. Took the technician about 30 mins to fix it, and that was the first time hed ever done it.. early days in the existance of 182s it was. Several people on here i think, have had this problem resolved.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 02 September 2005

it is a fault. and should be repaired at your dealer. My mates did it and they fixed it 2nd attempt.

luckily mine has never done it. Apparantly cos M Knight installed mine at the docks, who does a good job. Check you cat 1 certificate for who did yours.

Isnt a feature of Cat 1, the fact that the alarm arms itself after a period of time? If so, neither mine or the wifes 182 does that. :confused:

Mine occasionally beeps three times - doesnt do it that often though...

D.

Lee

BMW M2C

My 182 did it, and was fixed twice, it still did it.

My Trophy does it, the sales guy even commented on it when I collected it. It doesnt do it all the time so I just live with it.

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs

so when it beeps 3 times does this mean the alarm is not armed?

Why are Alarms being fitted at the docks rather than at the factory? This seems stupid.

Lee

BMW M2C

Its only the UK market that sees alarms as a benefit, and insurance companies like them so the import centre have them fitted when the cars arrive.

clio 182 black /gold

Yes i did i found it in my favorites the other day and i deleted it. I will try to find it Lee

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 02 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 02 September 2005

Isnt a feature of Cat 1, the fact that the alarm arms itself after a period of time? If so, neither mine or the wifes 182 does that. :confused:

Mine occasionally beeps three times - doesnt do it that often though...

D.

it is a cat 1 system. It doesnt have to arm itself to be cat 1, it arms automatically when you lock the car thats where the cat 1 comes in.

Must be lucky mine has never done it.

A red missile

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 02 September 2005

My 182 did it, and was fixed twice, it still did it.

My Trophy does it, the sales guy even commented on it when I collected it. It doesnt do it all the time so I just live with it.
So does mine come to think of it, maybe one out of 10 times, always wondered why it only did sometimes.