ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarm flashing but no siren !?? any ideas .

Golf TDI
basically locked my mate in my car to see if the alarm works and the cars indicators just flashed and there was no alarm as such !!! no good to me ! its a ph 1 172 . thanks for any help guys .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try locking the car with the remote , leave it a minute or two then open the car door with the key . This " should " set the alarm off . If it does then you know it's working .

Golf TDI
Try locking the car with the remote , leave it a minute or two then open the car door with the key . This " should " set the alarm off . If it does then you know it's working .

just done this and it set my hazards going off !!! lol so no siren but it did set the alarm off . if you get me , any ideas guys ?

Is it not like the old clio 1.8 16v's where theres a alarm mute button under the bonnet? by the washed jet bottle?
I remember having to put in a key to turn the sound on and off.

Golf TDI
once the alarm has been set off , just to confirm the hazards go off and the led light by the gear stick flashes , just seems like the horn part isnt working ? . the sensors work aswell .

skuttle panel ?

where your wipers are.

the alarm uses a siren... weeewaaaweeewaaaweeewaaa

I didnt even know the hazzard lights flashed tbh... never taken any notice.

You may have an aftermarket alarm fitted, have you considered that?

Golf TDI
nope i havnt considered that , but its only got the standard key fobs , and also even if it was aftermarket surely it would make a sound . how can i test if the siren has seen better days ? or is it just trial and error on buying a new one . where do you get them from ?

if its the standard key fob, its a renault alarm.

A multimeter will tell you if the siren's knackered. Get a replacement from a scrappy, loads of them around.

Golf TDI
cool . will have a look tomorrow before work for the " skuttle panel " , then try and get a multimeter on the siren . thanks fubar .

Golf TDI
so if the siren seems to be fine look for the earth wire and follow it back to where its on the metal ? any idea what colour the earth will be ? will it be brown , knowing renault it wont be see ha ha

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
if its the standard key fob, its a renault alarm.

A multimeter will tell you if the siren's knackered. Get a replacement from a scrappy, loads of them around.

Not true . My alarm is a Toad 850t and works off the standard keyfob .

You need to get it back to the dealers and get them to sort it .

Golf TDI
ok cheers guys , taking the car back to the garage tomorrow hopefully they will fix it free of charge , if not then i will buy a new siren .

Golf TDI
ok im not sure if its doing this to warn me that the siren doesnt work but when the car is locked the hazards are going off every time :S any ideas ?

ph2 172
have the same problem,but the silent alarm is going off with the doors open or closed,also the immobiliser wont switch off either so cant even drive it anywhere!