ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Fob Advice

clio 172, Ford Ka
Hi recently brought a clio 172 02 plate was given one key with an intergrated remote and also two alarm fobs pictured below.

xdzep0.jpg

As far as I can tell the key remote operates the door locks and alarm and works fine on its own, however after accidentally and purposely pressing various buttons on the fobs I have discovered they also operate the alarm and locks but turn on a red LED light near gear stick and the internal lock button light, the car will also lock itself after approx 1 minute and the alarm goes of randomly. I'm not sure how to deactivate these functions properly and have to sit in the car cycling though all the buttons till everything appears back to normal.
The key is obviously Renault issue but I'm guessing the fobs may be operating an after market alarm.
Just wondering if these are in fact standard Renault alarm fobs or indeed work an alarm system someone has added to the car, if so does anyone know how they operate, or the make of alarm (from looking at the fobs) so I can try and find a manual.

Thanks in Advance.
emtecton

Last edited:
  Racing Blue Clio 182
Hi mate the fobs are not Renault not sure what after market alarm there off tho the standard alarm siren lives under the front scuttle panel so u could have a look if they have fit the after market 1 there and get the make off it