ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm for clio

Before Daz says it, Clifford 300 or 500 depending on what you want too spend!

Top alarm, had a few problems at first with mine but now its super.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

clifford concept 300 or 500 if u can afford it, also if u aint bothered about cat1 have a look at the clifford matrix series.

make sure u go to a top installer, as places that install them bad, the alarm will be bad.

avoid gap security

i not worried about price, just want something that will do the job, on a clifford 300 or 500 what does it have,

i was thinking about toad AI 606

also, i want to flush my boot and de-lock it, anyone fitted a boot pop system to their clio??

where did you get it??

was it hard to fit??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

ok i can answer this

consept 300 is just a basic cat 1 alarm, which has a interior ultrasonic bubble sensor, and 2 immobalisers.

but you can add things like exterior, tilt and window smash sensors, also things like head light activation and auto window closeure, as well as intellistart, can start the car from inside your house.

it can also be set up to turn on heaters or radio etc ass well as door pops and boot pop, also a sensor under the bonnet so that if its opened when the alarm is set it will go off.

consept 500 is the same but u get blackjax (anti car hi jacking) duel zone proximity sensor.

if you want the best go for the avantgaurd but then u talking lots of money, but it comes with all the extras.

to do the boot release u need to take the boot buton out, then you can actually use the central locking motor that is in the boot to pop it, i can tell you how to do this if ya want.

go with clifford u wont regret it loads u can do etc, or go with toad but not as many features.

Quote: Originally posted by S-Dee on 27 September 2003

Before Daz says it, Clifford 300 or 500 depending on what you want too spend!

Top alarm, had a few problems at first with mine but now its super.
Thanks, Saved me all that typing! ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 27 September 2003

consept 300 is just a basic cat 1 alarm, which has a interior ultrasonic bubble sensor, and 2 immobalisers.

but you can add things like exterior, tilt and window smash sensors, also things like head light activation and auto window closeure, as well as intellistart, can start the car from inside your house.
Can all that be done at a later date though when the readies are more available?

I got quoted out of curiosity today on some form of toad (not sure which model) that had just the window closeure on it and it was £260 - which I thought was fine until he said it wasnt Cat1 thats and extra £130!

Can a non cat1 alarm be made a cat1 alarm at a later date also?

Ill just hi-jack this thread - saves space! :oops:

got my alarm from blackbushe market m8 - 20 squid, got me m8 to fit it for nothing. Everything ok with it, kick the tyre - it goes off.

Job Done! :)