ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm help please

Iceberg 172
Hi everyone.. I bought a clio 172 the other day after owning a mk1 Clio and absolutely love it and couldn't be happier. The only downside is the alarm. When I unlock it the red L.E.D by the gear stick flashes constantly then the alarm goes off. The bloke said at the garage I need to unlock the car, turn the key 2 times to start radio e.t.c then take out, blip then it should start. Any one have any ideas of how to help?? If so would be truly greatfull,
Cheers

Sam

clio 172 ph2
i dont think the 172s come with alarms. must be an after market 1. sounds like 1 of ur triggers might be FUBAR or maybe the ultrasonics are set too high. worth a check. u got a manual for the alarm?

Iceberg 172
I had a read, and it said something about ultrasonic?? If that rings a bell, also when the alarm goes off how do you stop the alarm??

clio 172 ph2
ultrasonics r the small sensors at the top of the door pillars. they almost look like little cameras. u got a fob for ur alarm (not the car key)

clio 172 ph2
mmmmm............ strange. every after market alarm iv ever seen comes with 2 fobs to operate the alarm. have u just bought the car?

Iceberg 172
Yeah, have the manual, I might just take to my dads mate at a Renault garage and see what he thinks of it or if I can disarm the othe alarm and just keep the blipped haha, cheers for you help though, much appreciated :)

clio 172 ph2
u could give this a try,

open car
get into car with keys (whilst alarm is sounding)
close all doors
press ur central locking button (so doors lock)
then press key to disarm and open doors.

give it a try n let me know how it goes