ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Won't Turn Off

2000 clio sport 172
2000 Clio Sport 2.0
Car recently had it's battery drained as it was off the road.
On starting the car after a jump start, the alarm beeps every 3-5 seconds.
How do I turn this off?
When I turn the car off and lock it, the alarm seems to arm itself as normal.
When I then unlock the car, the alarm beeps whether car is on or off. I don't fancy driving it with an extremely loud "beep"...."beep"...."beep" every few seconds.
Does anyone know how to disarm the alarm or disconnect?
The car was actually in an electrical shop getting some very minor stuff done. Now that it has come out the garage, the alarm issue has started. The company charged a fair whack of cash (I would say extortionate) and basically told me to rip out the windscreen drains to get to the alarm electrics to disarm. Right, so you caused the problem and want me to fix it after I handed you my cash. Great stuff!! Useless c****

2000 clio sport 172
Ok. I did leave it running for about 5-10 minutes but the noise drove me mental!
I will leave it for a while longer and see if there is any change. Thanks for you help.

Clio
Use it as an opposite alarm, as in if you can't hear the alarm going off the car has probably been stolen?