ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm

I need an alarm for me 1.2....

Can I still use the renault immobiliser and have an aftermaket alarm???

Can you lot recomend any decent ones, not too flash though!

Cheers, Jim

RB 182

Do you want it Cat1 approved?

Id say the Clifford range personally, you can use the Renault one and then just get an alarm.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

phone GAP security... they do clifford..

They do teh CAT1 alarms these are the only ones that insurers really give a monkeys about.

They dont disconnect the renault immobiliser as it voids sonething or other so i was told... and they do finance cheap as chips...

mine installed few weeks ago and its v.nice

I do not rate GAP security to be honest with you...

I work in an ICE shop which also deal largely in security etc and i have had many alarms back to my shop with problems due to gaps quality of installation (i.e. not that great...)

cat 1 alarms are the best type of alarms but i wouldnt buy one if its just to get insurance discount (and i very much doubt your insurance company requires you to have a cat 1 on that car either..) coz the discount is very minimal.

However, I wouldnt go any other alarm other than clifford, had one on every car ive owned! really good.

How much you wanna spend? the renault immobiliser is always there but its via transponder so even if you fit a clifford alarm with the immobiliser you still keep the standard immobiliser (unless you specifically want it removed)

As for prices.... (from me that is, not sure about other shops)

Basic clifford alarm - Arrow G5 - £200 installed.

Concept 450 - £275 installed

Concept 650 Cat 1 D/Z - £350

Concept 650 Tilt/Motion & Glass Breaker Cat 1 - £399

Intelliguard 950 - £499.99

RB 182

I would recommend World of ICE in colchester if you want an alarm in our area, my brother and my mate have got theres done there.

Mini Cooper S sport

As you already have an immobiliser Id get a 2 to 1 upgrade, which is what I did. I got a Cobra one fitted on the 172 (cos its an import), and it cost me £235. The alarm works with the immobiliser so the system is Cat 1.

H

harryr34

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 09 May 2005

Go for a Toad AI606 mate, for the money IMO its one of the best.
I had the Toad AI606 fitted 3 weeks ago to my 172, Top class alarm, highly recomended

ST

Quote: Originally posted by harryr34 on 10 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 09 May 2005

Go for a Toad AI606 mate, for the money IMO its one of the best.
I had the Toad AI606 fitted 3 weeks ago to my 172, Top class alarm, highly recomended

Yeah thats what ive got on my dynamique, better than the cobra junk that reno sell!

"Navy" N17 TWO

I have the clifford concept 650 - very good!
Tilt/motion
Proximity sensor
Blackjax
Remote headlights
All in & fitted £450 by Audio Advice

Fart in the wrong direction and youll know about it! :devilish:

I think its an extra 125-170 for full closure - not 100% though

Trev