ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarms

2002 clio 172
SILVER FOX you are right in saying Cliffords are rubbish.

As a self employed alarm fitter I know this from 1st hand experiance, I have taken many Clifford alarms out that have gone tits and lots that the owners are just fed up with!!! (going of when they want self arming ) the list goes on and on and on.
I only fit Laserline alarms but Cobra and the new Scorpion systems are good

XE'd Corsa
hmmm i used to work in car audio and security shop we sold cliffords and never had any major probs, i've had 3 clifford alarms and they were fine, if they do f**k up usually u just hold both buttons to reset the system.

"Navy" N17 TWO
SILVER FOX you are right in saying Cliffords are rubbish.

As a self employed alarm fitter I know this from 1st hand experiance, I have taken many Clifford alarms out that have gone tits and lots that the owners are just fed up with!!! (going of when they want self arming ) the list goes on and on and on.
I only fit Laserline alarms but Cobra and the new Scorpion systems are good

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No clifford aren't rubbish just most alarm installers are. Its all down to the installation.

Totally agree
If you get a Clifford - get a CERTIFIED CLIFFORD INSTALLER!
Great alarms :approve:

megane 225
one of my good friends is a clifford installer, the older g4 systems were quite prone to self triggering, the g5 series (now made by directed) are alot more stable. But everyone says it is down to the installer, its like getting an electrician to plumb in a toilet.
Lets face it tho, anything electricial can and does go wrong at some time, get a snapp off steering wheel, best anti theft device i ever bought!!!

RSC 182 Cup
Do you guys get Mongoose over there? The MAP80G with optional microwave motion detector is a great alarm.