ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alcantara love...

Track 172cup
It matches the FF seats pretty well, but the Alcantara on Recaros is a bit darker, as for door cards I can't say as mine is a cup shlag!!

perfect cheers mate, if it matches the seats then it'll match the door cards as their the same colour

will need to get some ordered !

Luke001

ClioSport Club Member
  Recaro'd RB 182 Cup
looks good, how much material do you reckon to do just the pillars?

It took just over half a metre to do all that, with a few mistakes, so I would just get a metre to be sure. ;)

200 FF Storm Grey
Im contemplating flocking everything but with alacantara bits, reckon it'd work or look too much?

Fabia VRS
I did the steering wheel in my quiksilver. popped the lion badge out and wrapped it all up then stuck the badge back in. shouldnt see why you couldn't do the same on a renault one. I did all the bits in my quiky, glove box, dash trim, parcel shelf, door cards. cost me 40quid and made a huge improvement.

Oh and OP they look mint mate!!!:D

Clio182, Mini Cooper 1275
Right then im gonna give it a go now, just gonna do the pillars and the gear knob top( mine is knackered) wish me luck!

Rb 182
John game me some to do my pillers when i bought the car in Feb, Ill get round to it yet :p

Edit: Looks epic!

Last edited:
  Ultra Red Clio 197
This is so last year!! lol...

still a top mod tho! I wouldnt have my A pillars any other way now since I did mine! Has anyone heard of someone doing the whole roof in the alcantara?

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Whoa, A-pillars and roof lining look awesome retrimmed. What glue are people using to stick it down?

Ultra Red Clio 197
Whoa, A-pillars and roof lining look awesome retrimmed. What glue are people using to stick it down?

Spray adhesive! I used the same stuff that carpet fitters would use for foam backed carpets! Got it in a local hardware shop or B&Q would have stuff too.

somebody stop me ! im alcantara flooking everything!! pillars, part of cup holder recess, gear knob and sides to the central column.....It looks damn good i think( no camera so no pics yet)

I want to see some pics, really want to do mine in a week or two.
Were the A Pillars difficult to wrap?

There are plenty of pic s of other cars on here. i promise you its a really quick and easy job, took me just over an hour from start to finish. job done bosh!

If you want some help doing it then let me know

Black Gold 182...
There are plenty of pic s of other cars on here. i promise you its a really quick and easy job, took me just over an hour from start to finish. job done bosh!

How difficult are the A Pillar covers to take off, i don't want to brake plastic clips...? Also, what colour are your alarm sensors? Mine are a light grey/beige colour...

I reckon i'll give this a go soon :cool:

RB 182 with CUP packs
How difficult are the A Pillar covers to take off, i don't want to brake plastic clips...? Also, what colour are your alarm sensors? Mine are a light grey/beige colour...

I see you lurking Martin ;)
Defo think this along with the roof liner could make a HUGE difference.

RB 182 with CUP packs
I've seen other posts of the roof done along with the A post and it does look amazing! Gonna give the A posts a go though...

Are you gonna do yours?

I am very very tempted tbh Martin, I just think it will upclass the interior a good few notches. The light head lining & light plastics up front look gash :dapprove:

Seriously easy to get off..

peel back door seal

use qiute a bit of force to open the first clip at the top

use a finger to push the second clip inwards

and finally begin to manouver the trim up and out of place, there is a another clip at the bottom which is easily unclipped..

My sensors are black but im sure you could find a solution to your beige ones?

Black Gold 182...
Seriously easy to get off..

peel back door seal

use qiute a bit of force to open the first clip at the top

use a finger to push the second clip inwards

and finally begin to manouver the trim up and out of place, there is a another clip at the bottom which is easily unclipped..

My sensors are black but im sure you could find a solution to your beige ones?

Thanks, i'll have to get some alcantara ordered then :approve:

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
1 metre is enough to do 6-8 A pillars I reckon. Did mine this morning, will take some pics in a bit (although they look spookily similar to those above!).

It doesn't stretch, so cutting it in the right places when you're wrapping it round the pillar is key, so the tension doesn't pull it off the plastic. I used Loctite spray adhesive from Halfords, think it was 6 quid for the can.

I bought it from the eBay guy in this thread, so don't pay much attention to his 10 days handling or whatever, because obviously it turned up a bit quicker than that! Looks awesome, think I'll leave the silver dash inserts alone though. Might get someone else to do the roof lining too, since glue and scissors and stanley knifes aren't my forte :D

Black Gold 182...
somebody stop me ! im alcantara flooking everything!! pillars, part of cup holder recess, gear knob and sides to the central column.....It looks damn good i think( no camera so no pics yet)

Any pics yet? Would be interested to see what the sides of the centre column look like? How easy was the gear knob to do?